8.20.2007

Pee-Pee in the POTTY!

Joshy has been showing signs of being ready for potty training...but I've been trying to ignore them since I know it is probably futile to begin so close to the birth of the new baby. Well, today while getting ready to go to the pool, he said he needed to go pee-pee in the potty. He's said this before, and I've sat him down on the toilet, and nothing. But, I obliged him and we went into the bathroom. As soon as I set him down, he farted and then peed! It was awesome (well, not the fart, but the fact that he actually peed)! Jakob and I were very excited and Joshy flushed and then gave me a high five. So...maybe he is totally ready and I should just bite the bullet and dive in head first. I think I just might! How great would it be to have him potty trained in the next 2 months???? It would be AWESOME! So mabye we'll go buy some of those thick Gerber training pants and some rewards for him. Even though it was such a pain with Jakob...I think it just might be easier with Josh not only because he seems ready, but also because he sees Jakob use the toilet all the time and knows what it's all about. Keep your fingers crossed for me!!!!

3 comments:

Evaly said...

That's awesome- good luck! Carter went last week at McKell's school (I guess it was the novelty of the tiny potty?!), but I am just dreading the whole thing. Everyone keeps telling me that boys are harder than girls, so that freaks me out too. You'll have to share any potty training tricks for boys. I don't think we are going to do it yet though. There's a LAZY mom for ya! :)

Leyla... said...

Good luck! How fabulous would it be to only have 1 in diapers!

Unknown said...

OOOOOOOOOO We'll keep our fingers crossed for LOTS of forward progress!!

I'm sure you're right and that it will go more quickly with Jakob's example!