3.28.2008

Our Spring Break


With Jakob out of school this week, he had PLENTY of time to spend with his transformers...and thus requested some photos of them. So, here ya go. We have a stained glass window next to our front door that was casting some cool light on the stairs where he set them up...so it kind of illuminated them!

We had a fun week. We spent a fun afternoon at the park on Tuesday with a ton of friends from FV3, and I actually got a bit of a sunburn on my chest! I know I shouldn't be happy about my skin being damaged by the sun, but hey, a little bit of color is a good thing!!! :) On Wednesday we took a little trip over to Centennial Farm, at the fair grounds. I love going there this time of year because they have all the cute new baby animals to see. In addition to the cute animals were tons of gorgeous flowers everywhere! I was loving it!!! (hence the new blog header!) On Thursday we went up to the Aquarium of the Pacific with our friends, Vanessa, Sam and Henry. This was my first trip up there with all three boys, and for the most part, it wasn't too bad! Joshy tried to climb in to the water a few times, and got pecked by a lorakeet, but we all survived. Unfortunately I forgot to charge the battery for my camera, so I only got a few shots. Bummer. Today I took the boys to "The Snake Store" (aka "Prehistoric Pets") and of course they were in hog heaven. (Sorry, no pictures.) Then we went to Yong's to get a yummy donut. (Corner of Magnolia/Talbert by Ms. Fitness, and behind the carwash for those of you not fortunate enough to have tried Yong's yet!)

All in all, it was a fun week, but that said, I am ready to get back to our normal schedule again. I know Jakob misses school and has totally been teaching himself how to read this week. His teacher is going to be like, "WHO are you?" when he gets back!!! It's so fun to see him learning and seeing it "click" in his brain. I love it!

Oh, and I know...I KNOW...there are no pics of Drew this week. Sorry. We'll get some soon...and I still have yet to dress them up again in their cute Easter ties. (Maybe sunday before church?) We'll see.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Spring Break, and if you weren't on Spring Break, I hope you had a wonderful week!!!

1 comment:

Emily Kikuchi said...

You are such a fun adorable mom! I love it! And what is FV3? Sounds interesting