2.12.2011

a happy dance

Brad and I decided to share the news with our boys during family prayers yesterday morning.  It was Joshy's turn to pray, and so he said his usual few things and then paused, waiting for help...so Brad started helping him and said a few things and then said, "And please bless the baby in mommy's tummy" and Joshy repeated that and then it was like everyone was holding their breath for a second while it sunk in.  Immediately after the prayer, Joshy looked and me and screamed, "YOU HAVE A BABY IN YOUR TUMMY???????"  and Jakob had a cute little smirk on his face and said, "You're PREGNANT?  Why didn't you tell me?!"  Then Joshy said, "I hope it's a girl cuz we don't have any girls in our family!" and then he proceeded to do a "happy dance" making his brothers and Brad and I crack up laughing!  It was such a happy moment, and I'm so excited that they are so excited...it will all seem more real (and Drew will probably understand better) when I start to get a belly and they can feel the baby kicking...

To be honest, I am a bit scared of being a mother of 4.  I finally felt like i was doing pretty good with 3...and now here we have another one on the way!  But, since there is a longer gap between kids this time, (almost 4 years) it should be a bit easier.  Only 1 kid in diapers, Jakob and Joshy at school all day, every day, and Drew in preschool 1/2 day every day will give me plenty of time to bond with my new little one and not feel completely overwhelmed.

So, there have been several comments about "secretly praying/wishing for a girl" from some of you, and to be honest, yes, it would be wonderful to have a little girl.  BUT, that said, I do TRULY with ALL OF MY HEART, absolutely LOVE my boys and would be THRILLED to have another one.  So...we thank you for "thinking pink" or "thinking blue" and will be happy to make the announcement when we find out.

I always imagined myself as a mother of all boys...not sure why...but it just seemed natural to me.  There are plenty of times where I wish I had a girl, to balance things out a bit...but then again I get PLENTY of girl time with my girlfriends...and so I do feel balanced.  I do however, wish I had someone on my side when it comes down to watching MY movies...you know, the Jane Austen-ish movies...the ones that Brad hates!  But, that's a trivial thing.  Not super important.

So, thank you all for your congratulations and well wishes, we are so happy to share this good news with you all and I for one can't wait to get beyond the "icky" phase of gagging and being starving all the time.  Another month and I should be good to go!

Happy Weekend!

11 comments:

Our family said...

Congrats! 4 is great!

Zack Family said...

Congrats Shari!! Im way excited for you. You make the cutest babies. I hope you're feeling great! Love you.

The Titmi said...

Honestly, even though #3 kid was easy having 3 was the hardest on me. 4 and 5 was no big deal (a 4 1/2 year gap between 3 and 4)until personality came out of #4 but I think personality makes it harder no matter which #. Does that make sense? My girl has always been my hardest too. I think you are awesome and on an amazing adventure no matter girl or boy. Feel better!!

Unknown said...

Girls scare the living daylights out of me, lol! I love my boys, wouldn't trade them for the world!

Melissa said...

It cracks me up when people talk about the baby's sex likes it something we have ANY control over. Neither my dad nor my husband has ever said, "I wish we had had a boy." We are blessed with the spirits that come to us, and from my perspective, we were uniquely chosen to parent the kids we have regardless of their sex. I know you know this. I'm just sayin'... ;D

Laurel said...

a HUGE congratulations.
HOW FUN!!

erin said...

so sweet shari! you'll be blessed, no matter... but i am hoping you see pink this time! :)

Evaly said...

What a cute story! I bet they are so excited. Just heard you are sick and won't be able to come tomorrow :( My kids will miss their cousins! Hope you get better soon.

Jen said...

Congratulations! That is so exciting! What happy news!

john + becky said...

I have been meaning to congratulate you all week! John told me the great news and I am so happy/excited for you guys. Your boys are just adorable and you'll make another handsome boy or a beautiful little girl :)

I wish I could have seen Joshy's happy dance!

Tiffany J said...

CONGRATULATIONS! I haven't been on our blog in a month and see what fun things I missed out on!! I'm so excited for you and your boys!!!