3.13.2012

A Name & A Blessing

Members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints give their new babies a blessing in which they state (for the record) what the child's name is, and also a few blessings for the child's life.  I believe this is similar to a christening, but not 100% sure.  This is not a baptism, just giving the child a name and a blessing, usually performed by the child's father.  We waited until Christmas to do this since we knew we'd be surrounded by family, and it was important to us to have both of our fathers included in this event. 

Here he is, Aleksander Josef Hanson...wearing the same sweet little white outfit that all 3 of my other boys wore on their blessing days!  I was nervous that it wouldn't fit him since he would be 3 months old when he would be wearing it...and the others were all around 4-6 weeks old.  But, it still fit!  Isn't he so handsome?


The evening was short and sweet, we sang I Am A Child Of God, and then Brad gave the blessing for Aleks and then shared his testimony with all of us.  It was so neat to be in such an intimate setting with our families, and I'm so grateful for everyone who made the effort to be there with us.

Here is the Hanson clan:


Here is the Mortensen clan:


Here's our little family, and just us with Aleks:



My sister Heather and sweet baby Aleksander:


My parents and Aleks:


I am so sad that I didn't get a picture of Aleks with Brad's mom and dad!  I really wanted to, but it just didn't work out.  We are so blessed to have such a wonderful, loving family who stands by us and supports us in all that we do.  It makes me happy to know that my boys have such a strong and valiant heritage...on BOTH sides of the family.  We love you all!

2 comments:

Hanson Family said...

It was great to be there and share this special time for you! He is so cute in his outfit!

Kristie K. said...

I love the picture of just him! That print on the chair looks so cute, and it makes his cuteness stand out.

Love that you were able to get some great family pictures. That is the hard thinga about doing it at church, when you are running late.