4.12.2017

Limits

It's true that I have chronic pain that limits what activities I can do.  However, this morning I woke up thinking about how I've let those limits not just "limit" me, but STOP me from doing things I want/need to be doing.  More specifically, exercise.  The funny/ironic thing about this is that with arthritis, the less active you are, the more pain you feel because your joints don't stay warm and loose.    But but but I have no time!  I have no energy!  Tax season has sucked the life out of me!  I am BARELY surviving each day with working and taking care of the kids and what little housework I can keep up with.  The other major annoying limit is that my pain is the worst in the morning -- which in the past, was my favorite time to exercise.  And now I can't.  Well, at least that's what I've been telling myself.  But this morning, as I hobbled to the bathroom for my morning pee, I said to myself, I'm SICK of being limited!  So, it's time for me to adjust my state of mind.  I have to just accept that morning workouts just aren't going to happen for me...until my body is feeling better.  So I am making a goal to try to do SOMETHING - a short walk, yoga video (if my wrists are OK), bike ride...SOMETHING!  AT least 3 times a week.  I know I can squeeze in 3 things.  Eventually I truly hope to be running again...but my dang feet hurt too much I can't even imagine trying to run right now!  Super annoying and frustrating -- but I need to stop looking at these problems as limits, and instead treat them as obstacles that I can work around and readjust.  

On a happier note, guess what???  4.5 weeks ago when I started the BX, my initial weigh-in was 256.2lbs.  (SCARY!)  Today, my weigh-in is 239.0lbs.  Still high, (in fact it's how much I weighed the day I gave birth to Drew!) but a MAJOR improvement.  Proof that what you eat matters!  I've been sugar-free and vegan this whole time -- and not gluten free, but very very limited gluten.  On saturday I will have reached my 5 week mark, and can slowly start adding very limited amounts of meat back into my diet, as well, as butter and cottage cheese -- but that's it for dairy.  I'm not gonna lie, I've been craving red meat!  So I hope I get a big fat steak for my birthday!  Its not the same as a piece of cheesecake, but it sounds pretty darn good right about now!  Ha ha.  

So, I'm excited to see if my weightloss continues...I can't imagine that it won't, because I have to eat like this until next March.  It's not easy, but I know I can do it.  

Beyond weightloss, and hopefully RA symptoms in remission, the thing I look forward to most is hopefully having another baby.  I never thought I'd be trying to get pregnant at age 40 (next year), and I feel a little crazy about it, but I feel like it's supposed to happen.  

Also, still no noticeable reactions to the BX yet -- so not sure how my body will feel when/if it starts working.  Fingers crossed it isn't too bad.  If you're curious about what I'm talking about, here's a good explanation of what I will probably experience when the bad cells start dying off:


Happy Hump Day!

7 comments:

allypally said...

I will walk with you. If not three times a week, at least once. Pick a day and a time and we will stick to it.

Cindy said...

Hi, I found this blog from a search for RA. I have been watching my husband struggle and suffer with debilitating symptoms for years now. Unfortunately they just increasing medicines and not all is good. Many side effects. I am wondering if you have heard anything about natural cures or found any remedies that offset or help. You can contact me though my blog there are contact buttons on the right . I have been researching for a year and can't find anything. thank you so much Cindy http://www.thecalmlife.net

national packes movers call 8884880004 said...

What we can do for you on your household services :
Proper packing of your household items by expert professionals call 8884880004
Packing of goods using quality packing materials
Careful loading and unloading of goods
Safe & secure transportation of goods
Vehicle tracking system
Prompt & punctual delivery of your household items
Unpacking & rearranging of goods with utmost care
We are well-versed in :
Local household shifting
Inter city or inter state household shifting.
https://twitter.com/Nationalmover
https://plus.google.com/+NavaneetJmoverspackersbangalore
https://nationalpackersmoversbengaluru.blogspot.in/
http://nationalcargomovers.in/
https://goo.gl/Dc4etc
https://www.facebook.com/NationalCargoMoversPvtLtd
https://www.pinterest.com/nationalcargo/

saba said...

mumbai pune taxi

Virus Removal Guidelines said...

I have read your blogs many times and I must say, every time I read it I get a good piece of information. remove Wait3sec

johnsmith said...

Hey, I am John Smith. I am working in a technical team . Are you facing problems with Yahoo Common Problem

Fix yahoo sign in error

sign in yahoo with facebook

RSM Enterprises said...

Careprost 0.03 is an eye solution that controls glaucoma's movement. It accompanies an active part of Bimatoprost 0.03%.

Purchase Online Careprost 0.03 Eye Drop