4.25.2007

177 glorious beats per minute!

Well...good news. YES there is a baby in there....and YES the baby has a healthy heartbeat! What a relief. I have to admit I was starting to imagine weird scenarios...like, maybe I'm not really pregnant and I have a huge tumor growing...maybe it's twins and their hearts are beating just at the right time to make it too difficult for the machine to pick up a heart beat...and worse case...the baby is dead. It's hard to control the "what ifs" when you are worried...so it was so comforting to see that little 3 inch baby on the screen of the ultrasound machine. Kicking and wiggling the whole time...doing headstands...rolling over. It was amazing. I've never seen any of my babies this early before, so it was nice...I wish I could have an ultrasound at every check up! Well, lucky me...I get to go back next week because the technician couldn't get one measurement because the baby's head wasn't in the right position. So...YAY I get to see my baby again!!! Maybe she'll give me some more pictures...but, for now, this is what I have:

I'll post more pictures next week -- that is, if I get any more! Thanks for all the well wishes and prayers...I feel so relieved and happy!

2 comments:

Evaly said...

So glad to hear that news! That's a pretty fast heartbeat- they say that girls usually have faster heartbeats than boys- it was true with my girls :)

Unknown said...

OOOOOOO I'm so happy for you!!! The large tumor comment made me snort water up my nose, just so you know!