4.06.2007

Pregnancy Update

About 3 1/2 weeks ago I suffered from a terrible migraine. The first one I've had in THREE years. A week later, I met with my OB/GYN for my first preggy check up and told him about it. He seemed very concerned about how I experience numbness and tingling in my fingers, hands, lips and tongue with my migraines. He said it isn't that common, and recommended seeing a neurologist. What? A neurologist? That seemed scary to me...but, I took it lightly because I thought, "Hey, it's been THREE years...I won't have another one for a while." Well, about a week later, I had another one. Three days after that, another one. So, I finally called the neurologist to schedule an appointment. She can't see me until April 17th. Bummer. If only I had called 3 1/2 weeks ago...Oh well. Since I'm pregnant, I am beginning to think that these migraines are somehow associated with the pregnancy. I hope not...because then this won't be a fun pregnancy. I was talking to a friend last night who told me that she was able to take a prescription medication for migraines during her pregnancies...so that gives me hope. Then at least I will be able to treat them if I continue to have them.

So far this pregnancy has been easier than the first two - with the exception of the migraines. So, a lot of people seem to think that means it's a girl! Personally (HONESTLY) I don't have a preference. I just want a happy, healthy baby. I am already so immersed in the Boy World that having another little boy would just come naturally to me...on the other hand, having a little girl would be really fun - a little intimidating, but fun. Either way, I am so grateful that Heavenly Father has blessed us with this gift and I know I will love this child whether boy or girl.

Jakob is convinced that it's a girl, and that we need to name her "Balto." If any of you have seen that sled dog movie, then you know where that name comes from. I told him we'd have to think about it...we'll see if he still feels the same way as it gets closer to the birth. Joshua is oblivious - and I don't think I'll really be able to explain it to him until I have a belly for him to see and touch. Then maybe he will be able to comprehend that there is a baby in my tummy.

We'll see.

Happy Easter!

1 comment:

Jennifer B. said...

Scary Shari! I hope you are migraine free for a while. Need a sitter for your appt? Let me know.