9.27.2007

Stop and smell the...


...Plumeria!!!! I bet you thought I was going to say "roses," right?? Well, this plant is in our front yard and it finally bloomed. It's gorgeous and it smells so good too. It is also reason #1 for me to smile today. After being in such a foul mood over the past few days, I woke up today with a resolve to be happy. By the way, last night at my book club, it was pointed out to me that it was a full moon, and that could have seriously been affecting my mood in addition to all the other things! I believe it! Well, here are a few other things that made me smile today...


My kids think it's really funny to get stuck in between our mattress and footboard. Jakob is big enough to get himself out, but Joshy is literally stuck. He can't get out once he's in. So this morning, I hear him calling from the other room (in a fairly calm voice I might add) "Please help me. Please help me. Mommy, please help me..." I immediately knew what he had done, and so I wasn't panicked and started to walk into the room. Brad said, "You should take a picture of that..." and so I did! It definitely made me smile and I'm glad I took a picture so that someday I can show them one of the crazy things they did when they were little.

In an effort to get out and get some sunshine and fresh air today, we went to visit Centennial Farm - a working farm located at the OC Fairgrounds. It has chickens, cows, sheep, goats, llamas, roosters, pigs, donkeys, peacocks and a horse. So the kids totally love it and I love it because it's small enough to walk around the entire thing in less than an hour and it's F-R-E-E!! This was my favorite part of our visit today. This cute little piglet (only a few weeks old) kept sticking his/her snout through the fence to sniff us. SO CUTE! How could you not smile at that?

And my last reason to smile today (so far) is that Brad's heart is healthy. He had an EKG last week and went back to follow up today and found out everything is normal. I wasn't super worried, but you know there is always that little voice in your head that says, "what if?" and you can't help but be worried. He's very happy about the results as well. We are on our way to a healthier lifestyle and to enjoying our lives more!

Thank you all for your comments/words of encouragement -- when I'm feeling crappy it is so nice to know that people understand and most of all, care about me. :)


I should only have about 4 weeks (or 3 if I am induced early) left until this baby comes...and I can hardly believe it. It really has flown by, and we are so excited. Speaking of which...I just thought of another reason to smile today. Joshy likes to look at my belly button (go figure!) and so he asked me to lift up my shirt so he could see it. So we were talking about the baby and I said, "Can you give the baby a kiss?" He bends over and blows a huge raspberry...making both of us laugh, and the baby kick! So he did it a few more times and it was so sweet. Sorry - no pics of that moment!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That bed picture is so cute!

And I'm REALLY happy about Brad's heart! That is wonderful news!