3.04.2010

update on Joshy

So...here's the news...
he DOES (in fact) know ALL of the letters, uppercase and lowercase...

see, my first instinct was right!  why did I second-guess his knowledge????  

And when I asked him what number he could count up to...he said, quite confidently I might add, 109!

So, I asked him to start counting...and he did, perfectly, all the way to 113!  

I can't believe I thought he could only count to 30.  SHEESH!  

He'll be just fine in Kindergarten...

Now if I could just get him to hold a pencil right!  (he still fists it!)

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Yay! You can unpack your bags. No guilt TRIP for you! I can see the advantage of holding a pencil properly, but I didn't worry about it with Heather until first or second grade. Some would shudder at that, but I wanted to know what the girl had to say and I wasn't going to stop her progress in her writing every two seconds to have her hold her pencil right. Both my girls can hold their pencil right if they think about it, but they prefer a different way. Oh well.

Kristie K. said...

garren does the fist thing too. Grandma nan got his a squishy thing that is suppose to help.

Way to Go Joshy!!!