2.09.2007

House of Chaos

Ever since we got home from our trip to Utah for Christmas, our house has been in utter CHAOS. There are a number of reasons it is like this...but whatever the reasons, it doesn't change anything. Laundry seems more never-ending than usual, paper and clutter are piling up so high on my counter that i'm afraid it's all going to fall off and hurt someone. We moved the toys upstairs thinking that would help keep it clean downstairs, yet the toys always seem to migrate back downstairs. So there are cars, knights, snakes, trains, etc. all over the place -- oh yeah and LEGOS. don't even get me started. Ok, now my bedroom is so messed up it is embarrassing. I just am totally lacking the energy, motivation, or whatever it is that is required to fix this problem. Yesterday we got a flyer for a local charity that will be picking up donations in 2 weeks. This has somewhat spurred me into action -- well actually is has just gotten me thinking. We need to simplify. So, that involves a lot of time sorting through all the craziness and just purging it all. We have so much that we don't use and it is just taking up space and adding to stress in my life. So, wish me luck in the coming week and half so I can have my donations ready for the pick up! Oh yeah, on top of all this stuff that I need to do, I now have a cold. Full on, runny nose, sneezing, stuffy head, watery eyes, sore throat. SHEESH! I just hope my kids don't get it too. Or Brad. That would be really bad timing for him...he's SO busy with work, he can't afford to get sick. Well, Jakob keeps yelling for me to come down stairs, so I guess my "free time" is up. Just had to vent about this stuff...i am NOT complaining...please don't feel sorry for me. If anything, it's my fault that the house is out of control! I take full responsibility for it. So now I will work on making it a better place to be. TGIF!

No comments: