2.19.2007

It's like an orange on a toothpick!


Yesterday at church, Jakob's forehead was itching. So, to relieve that itch, he thought it logical to rub his forehead back and forth on the seat in our pew. At the time, I didn't think anything of it until he looked up at me and said, "Mom, my head hurts!" I went to touch it and realized he had given himself a rugburn or SEATburn on his head! Of course as my finger got closer to his head, he said, "No don't touch it! It hurts when people touch it!" (He tends to say that phrase a lot - 'It hurts when people touch it' - and it makes me laugh every time.) So, his poor little head is hurting from the rugburn, and then when Sacrament Meeting was over, we were standing in the foyer right next to the doors, and then Jakob jumped up and hit his head on the door handle. (Owie number 2...) This one made him scream and cry...and I felt sorry for him but also found it hard not to laugh at the irony of it. So, then I took him to Primary and sat with him for a few minutes to make sure he was OK and then I left. After church when I went to pick him up from his Primary class, his teacher informed me that during Sharing Time they had gone outside, and on their way back in, Jakob bonked his head on the phone box in the hallway. Owie #3. Poor Jakob! His noggin sure when through a lot yesterday!

2 comments:

Jennifer B. said...

Welcome to the blogosphere! I'm still a newbie and having a lot of fun. Hope you enjoy it. You've got a great start!

Evaly said...

Hey Shari, You've been tagged to do the "Me from A to Z post". See my blog for details.